Fraxel Laser Resurfacing
Fraxel Laser Resurfacing is a breakthrough laser skin resurfacing treatment designed to improve aged and damaged skin. Fraxel re:pair is ideal for treating wrinkles, texture irregularities, sun damage, age spots and sun-related redness. This revolutionary laser treatment is unique in that it can provide the same effective results of conventional CO2 lasers without the extensive downtime or associated risks.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Fraxel re:pair provides dramatic results with just a single treatment. Patients will see improvement in redness, lines and wrinkles while the overall skin texture and tone will appear smoother and more even.
Prior to treatment, the skin is cleansed and a topical numbing cream is applied. If necessary, oral medication may also be given to help the patient relax. Treatment can be tailored to address the individual patient’s needs by adjusting the aggressiveness of the laser. The treatment takes approximately thirty to forty minutes for the full face and patients typically describe a sensation of increasing heat during treatment.
Swelling is common after treatment with Fraxel re:pair, and this typically subsides within one week. Redness may also occur and this may take up to a month to resolve. Some patients experience pinpoint bleeding, particularly with more aggressive treatments, but this typically fades within 48 hours. Other temporary side effects may include itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance similar to a suntan or sunburn. Recovery is generally quick compared to traditional CO2 laser resurfacing and patients are usually able to return to work and other normal activities within five to seven days.
There are fewer risks associated with Fraxel re:pair compared to conventional CO2 lasers. Nevertheless there are potential risks and these may include infection, scarring, and hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation. Dr. Rubinstein also treats people looking for plastic surgery in Poughkeepsie. His office is only 20 miles south in Newburgh, NY.
Skin Resurfacing Related Articles
- How to Care for Your Skin After Laser Treatment
- What the Sun Does to Your Skin and What You Can Do About It
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Skip Laser Skin Treatments
- How Fraxel Laser Resurfacing Can Get Rid of Your Facial Skin Irregularities
- Laser Resurfacing Facts and Fiction
Why Choose Dr. Rubinstein
- Dr. Rubinstein is one of the top facial plastic surgeons in New York.
- He is double board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Rubinstein has been in both private and academic practice for over 15 years.
- He is also an active member of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
- Clinical Professor at New York Presbyterian Hospital