Discover the Benefits of Radiant Skin with Chemical Peels
In the vast realm of skincare, Chemical Peels stand out as a beacon for those pursuing youthful vitality and skin clarity. Beyond the simple process lies a transformative experience, offering an invigorated complexion and an undeniable glow that speaks of skin health.
Shed the old and embrace a renewed, younger-looking complexion effortlessly.
Bid farewell to blemishes and irregularities, unveiling even-toned splendor.
Dive deep into smoothness, experiencing a tactile transformation that’s undeniably soft and supple.
At Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists of Newburgh, New York, we perform a variety of light and medium-depth chemical peels to restore a softer, smoother, more youthful facial appearance. These skin resurfacing treatments exfoliate the outer layer of damaged skin, revealing a new layer of fresh, young skin beneath. They are excellent for treating sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.
These are non-invasive treatments that take just fifteen to thirty minutes to complete and involve little to no downtime. For optimal results, we recommend a series of three to six treatments spaced four weeks apart.
When performed by an experienced provider, chemical peels are generally safer and more effective than those available at day spas and salons. We use a more concentrated peel that allows for deeper penetration and more dramatic results.
The Vitality Institute offers 5 uniquely formulated VI Peel treatments designed to lift pigment, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring, and fight fine lines and wrinkles. All VI peels are medium-depth, meaning they penetrate into the dermis or middle layer of the skin. They are safe for all skin types and tones. Results can be seen in as little as 7 days.
VI PEEL ORIGINAL
- The VI Peel Original contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. This peel will help to improve the tone, texture, and clarity of your skin and provide anti-aging benefits. Specifically formulated to rejuvenate and help prevent future damage to the skin.
- For first time peels
- Sensitive skin
- Early signs of aging (Ages 20+)
- Rough texture
VI PEEL Advanced
- The VI Peel Advanced is the strongest peel in the VI portfolio, with a booster system formulated to combat the effects of aging. It is made with a powerful blend of ingredients to provide a deeper penetration to soften fine lines and wrinkles, enhance cellular turnover, and stimulate collagen production. The formula contains 16% more solution with a low pH allowing for a deeper peel.
- For enhanced collagen stimulation
- Aging skin (Ages 40+)
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Loss of elasticity
Embark on Your Journey to Success, Don’t Wait More!
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Rubinstein
VI PEEL PRECISION PLUS
- The VI Peel Precision Plus Dual Booster System combats pigmentation with our hydroquinone and kojic acid Lighten and Brighten Boosters. VI Peel Precision Plus effectively suppresses pigment and promotes rapid cell turnover. This peel received the “Best Chemical Peel” Award from Cosmopolitan magazine.
- For skin discoloration
- UV-induced pigmentation
- Sun damage
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
VI PEEL PURIFY
- The VI Peel Purify is a highly effective treatment for acne. It contains the original VI Peel formula plus the power of Benzoyl Peroxide, Kojic Acid, and Hydrocortisone for superior and consistent results. VI Peel Purify is a targeted solution to tackle active acne and acne-prone skin.
- For active acne
- Breakout-prone skin
- Oily and congested skin
- Teen acne
VI PEEL PURIFY WITH PRECISION PLUS
- The VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus Dual Booster System is an advanced acne solution that helps wot ride the skin of active acne. The formula helps to fade textural scarring and Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) caused by acne breakouts.
- Excessive oily skin
- Adult acne
- Acne scarring
- Acne with hyperpigmentation
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
Our chemical peel regimens are often combined with other treatments like the Hydrafacial in order to achieve optimal results. A rejuvenating non-invasive treatment, the Hydrafacial procedure exfoliates, hydrates, and repairs the skin for a radiant glow. The basic Hydrafacial is a four-step process involving exfoliation, a superficial glycolic/salicylic acid peel, extraction, and serum application. Together, the steps unclog pores, remove dead skin and impurities, and infuse the skin with an antioxidant serum. LED light therapy can be used to improve the skin further, removing redness or helping to prevent acne breakouts. Hydrafacial treatments are customizable for the patient’s specific skin concerns. The treatment is comfortable and soothing, and patients will enjoy smoother, healthier skin with a reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, and brown spots.
FAQS ABOUT CHEMICAL PEELS
No, chemical peels are not painful. A mild tingling or stinging sensation may be experienced but dissipates after a few minutes. The medium-depth chemical peels (VI Peels) contain an anesthetic to numb the skin and make the treatment completely comfortable and tolerable.
A superficial chemical peel usually has 1-3 days of mild flaking or peeling. A medium-depth chemical peel usually has 2-5 days of flaking and moderate to significant peeling.
Results can be seen in as little as 7 days and will continue to improve over the next several months.
For most patients, lighter chemical peels require 6 monthly treatments, while medium-depth chemical peels require 3 monthly treatments followed by long-term maintenance.
Yes, chemical peels will require regular maintenance after completing your initial series. Supplementing your treatments with medical-grade skincare products and UV avoidance is the best way to ensure long-lasting results.
During your consultation, one of our experienced aesthetic providers will determine what chemical peel would best benefit your unique skin care goals.
Yes! All of the chemical peels offered at Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists are safe for skin of color.
The following patients are not good candidates for a chemical peel:
– Pregnant or breastfeeding
– Allergy to aspirin, hydroquinone, or phenol
– Active outbreak of cold sores, warts, or open wounds
– Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation within 6 months
– History of autoimmune (i.e. Lupus) or liver disease/disorder, as well as any condition that may weaken the immune system
If you live in the state of New York, Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists offer chemical peels among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.