If you’ve recently looked at your reflection in the mirror and wished you could have clearer, healthier, more youthful-looking skin, you’re not alone. Perhaps you want to look fresh-faced for an upcoming event or you just want to feel that boost of self-confidence and wellbeing that comes with an overall healthier appearance. If that’s the case, then it may be time for you to try a HydraFacial treatment.
HydraFacial is a gentle exfoliating facial treatment provided by Dr. Rubinstein in Newburgh, New York. HydraFacial helps to improve the appearance of congested or enlarged pores, oily or acne-prone skin, sensitive and inflamed skin, aging skin, fine lines and wrinkles, sun spots, and hyperpigmentation. This non-invasive treatment combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and antioxidant protection to provide more radiant, beautiful skin. The treatment is painless and involves no discomfort or downtime. In fact, you can expect the procedure to be soothing, making it one of the most enjoyable treatments you can undergo for refreshing and beautifying your skin. You can expect clearer, more hydrated, and more youthful-looking skin immediately following treatment.
Dr. Rubinstein is a double board certified facial plastic surgeon operating in Newburgh, New York. His office serves clients from New York City, Westchester, Connecticut, New Jersey, and the greater New York area. His highly skilled and trained staff regularly performs HydraFacial treatments in addition to many other medical spa procedures. Here you will find answers to many of your questions regarding the HydraFacial procedure.
The HydraFacial Procedure
Only HydraFacial uses patented technology to cleanse, exfoliate, extract, and hydrate the skin. The procedure is entirely safe, non-invasive, comfortable and effective.
There are five steps to the HydraFacial Procedure: Exfoliation, Glycolic Peel, Extraction, Serum Application, and Upgrades. We will go through each step here one by one so you can have an accurate idea of what your treatment will be like.
1) Exfoliation. The technician will use a small suction tool to gently exfoliate the skin. The suction tool vacuums the surface of the skin, clearing away any debris or dead skin cells.
2) Glycolic Peel. A gentle peel will be applied to your face to remove impurities from the skin. You will feel a slight tingle, but no sting or painful sensation like certain glycolic peels used in other treatments. Unlike traditional chemical peels, your skin will not peel following the HydraFacial. You will rather have a glowing, rejuvenated appearance to the skin.
3) Extraction. This is where we unclog your pores! A tool called a vortex-extraction nozzle acts as a vacuum and extracts dirt and grime from clogged pores. You can even take a look at what the machine extracts if you like. You might be surprised by how much gunk the tool removes. The one thing we know for sure is that seeing this will make you glad you underwent our HydraFacial treatment.
4) Serum Application. Finally, the technician will use a vortex-fusion tool to infuse a serum containing collagen, mineral peptides, and antioxidants into the skin. This helps to promote hydration and elasticity and also helps to create a more youthful look.
5) Upgrades. Many patients opt to upgrade their HydraFacial for a more customized and effective treatment. These additional steps include LED Light Therapy, Serum Boosters, Manual Lymphatic Treatment, and Lip/Eye Perks.
Fine lines – after 1 month Provided by Hydrafacial
Brown Spots — 5 Sessions Provided by Hydrafacial
Sun Damage — 3 Sessions (over 2 months) Provided by Hydrafacial
Types of HydraFacials
- HydraFacial + LED light
- HydraFacial + LED light + Booster
- HydraFacial + LED light + Booster + Lymphatic treatment
*The lip or eye perk can be added to any HydraFacial treatment
LED Light Therapy
Light therapy is the application of light energy to the skin for therapeutic benefit. LED light therapy provides an excellent finishing touch to the HydraFacial treatment, allowing for better product absorption. Your treatment will be customized to include red light, blue light or a combination of the two in order to best address your skin’s needs.
- The Red LED light treatment uses both red light and infrared light to reduce redness and inflammation, even out pigmentation, improve texture and pore size, stimulate cell turnover and decrease the signs of aging. It is ideal for patients with aging skin, sun damage, pigmentation problems, sensitive skin or inflammatory conditions like rosacea and acne.
- The Blue LED light treatment targets and disrupts p. acne bacteria, the strain of bacteria that plays a key role in causing most acne conditions. It also improves the appearance of oily and congested skin.
Personalize your treatment with award-winning serums to address specific skin concerns.
Rozatrol® Booster – Relieve the visible signs of red, sensitized skin • Replenish hydration and support a healthy skin barrier function • Detoxify skin • Reduce appearance of pore size • Control oil production
Brightalive® Booster – Reduce the appearance of brown spots • Even skin tone • Prevent new pigmentation formation • Restore hydration to replenish skin’s vital hydration balance
CTGF Booster (human growth factor serum) – Minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles through naturally derived growth factors • Improve skin health and vitality by bringing skin to a more youthful state • Encourage hyaluronic acid and collagen production
Mechanical Lymphatic Therapy helps to detoxify the skin and decrease inflammation. Thirty three percent of the lymphatic system is in the face. Removing unwanted build-up is important in optimizing skin health so skin can be naturally healthy and radiant from the inside-out.
Lip & Eye Perks
Any HydraFacial can be upgraded to include the Lip and/or Eye Perk, a specialized treatment for patients looking to address specific lip and eye concerns. These perks include a take-home kit with a lip/eye serum to incorporate into your daily skin care regimen.
- Hydrates and brightens the eyes
- Reduces puffiness and dark circles
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Lightly plumps lips
- Gently exfoliates to smooth lips
- Hydrates lips
Hydration is a key component of healthy, radiant skin. HydraFacial helps hydrate the skin while removing impurities and dead skin cells.
You probably are! The HydraFacial treatment is designed for a diverse array of skin types, no matter the color or level of sensitivity. You can even have the treatment customized to your own skin. It is very hard to find someone who does not qualify for HydraFacial treatment. We are happy to do a consultation to ensure you are an appropriate candidate for treatment.
The HydraFacial only takes about 30 minutes. The addition of upgrade treatments will extend procedure time up to 60 minutes.
Will the HydraFacial treatment hurt?
Absolutely not. Some patients describe the feeling as a cool paintbrush or toothbrush moving slowly over their face. Many people find the sensation to be pleasant.
Does the procedure have any downtime?
There is no downtime or recovery process after receiving a HydraFacial. You can immediately resume your normal activities. Redness or blotchiness of the skin sometimes occurs but typically resolves within 1-2 hours of the procedure. You should not expect bruising – please tell your provider if you take prescription or OTC blood thinners like aspirin so the suction settings can be adjusted accordingly.
What sort of results can I expect, and for how long? Should I come back for more treatments?
Many people report very positive results after only one treatment. Indeed, you should expect more youthful, radiant, and healthier-looking skin immediately following treatment. For a special event, you might only need one treatment. However, if you would like to maintain the vibrant look that HydraFacial provides, we encourage monthly treatments. Package pricing makes regular HydraFacials very affordable.
Are there side effects of HydraFacial?
The HydraFacial treatment is a safe and comfortable procedure with few potential side effects. The patient might experience slight discomfort, tightness and/or redness of the skin for an hour or two following the procedure, but this is not common. Very seldom, redness may linger for a day or so. A cold compress can help to minimize this side effect. Scarring is also possible but very rare. We do not at all anticipate this will happen during your treatment.
Why you should choose us for your HydraFacial?
Many physicians and spas are now offering HydraFacials as it has become one of the most popular non-invasive skin treatments. Dr. Rubinstein, a national physician educator and double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, together with his highly educated, skilled, and experienced clinical staff will evaluate your skin care goals and create a customized & unique HydraFacial experience.
Your HydraFacial Consultation
Call us today at 845-863-1772 to schedule your consultation. Prior to your treatment, Dr. Rubinstein’s highly skilled and trained staff will walk you through the entire process and address any questions or concerns you might have. We look forward to hearing from you.