What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite is that dimpled, orange peel or cottage cheese-like appearance that is commonly seen on the buttocks and backs of the thighs and it has long been the bane of many women. Cellulite occurs regardless of body shape or size and it even occurs in women who are thin and physically fit. And while it is far more common in women, occurring in an estimated 80%, it can occur in men as well.
Numerous therapies have long been available for the treatment of cellulite, including massage, ultrasound, radio frequency, heat therapy, magnetic therapy, liposuction, oral medicines, topical creams, injectable treatments and more, all of which often require multiple costly sessions. Until now, however, none of these treatments have proven truly effective, making cellulite one of the toughest of all cosmetic problems to address. In fact, even weight loss and exercise cannot banish the cottage cheese.
Cellulaze For Women
Fortunately, for women in the Greater Hudson Valley and Manhattan areas, at the Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists is excited to offer a new, cutting-edge, minimally-invasive procedure that is providing a permanent, one-time fix for cellulite with minimal downtime.
Recently approved by the FDA, Cellulaze is the first scientifically-proven treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze uses the SmartLipo laser equipped with a special side-firing laser tip. The laser is inserted just beneath the skin through tiny incisions where the laser energy cuts the collagen bands that pull down on the skin and cause the dimpled appearance. This releases the depressed areas so that they can rise to an even level with the surrounding skin. The laser also serves to melt excess fat and smooth and tighten the skin.
The team performs the Cellulaze treatment in the state of the art Joint Commission Accredited Surgical Suite conveniently located in the Newburgh, New York office. The procedure takes just about one hour to perform is done under local anesthesia. There are no major side effects and normal activities can be resumed in just one day. Results can be seen in just a few weeks with improvement in the overall texture and thickness of the skin and fewer bumps and depressions.
How Long Do Cellulaze Results Last?
The Cellulaze treatment is quick, effective, and requires very little recovery time. After your Cellulaze treatment, you should expect to see your results emerging gradually for a few weeks. Typical results include an improvement in the skin’s overall texture and thickness, with fewer bumps and depressions visible. Be patient as your results become evident, a process that can last three to 12 months. Cellulaze patients can achieve full results with just one treatment.
Cellulaze results have been shown to last for around one year or longer for most patients, according to several clinical studies conducted since the procedure was first introduced. By caring for yourself and adjusting your lifestyle habits, you can enjoy your results for at least a year, if not much longer.
How Can I Extend the Life of My Cellulaze Results?
Preventing cellulite, whether you’re a previous Cellulaze patient or not, starts with your healthy daily habits. While you can’t change your genetics or your age, many of the factors that contribute to the formation of cellulite can be controlled through proper diet, regular exercise, and healthy lifestyle choices.
To extend your Cellulaze your results, you need to start at the beginning and make changes to your routine that can help you avoid cellulite. Follow these tips to minimize or prevent completely the effects of cellulite on your own body:
- Drink plenty of water. Simply by hydrating your body with six to eight glasses of water each day you can avoid cellulite formation. In many women in particular, cellulite can be increased by the presence of toxins in the body, something that proper hydration can reverse.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking not only introduces toxins directly into the body, but it damages the skin cells to appear thinner and the collagen bands to be damaged.
- Improve circulation. Proper circulation of blood through the body can reduce the appearance and prevent the formation of cellulite. Take time to treat yourself to a massage, stretch your body, take daily walks, and regularly exfoliate your skin.
- Be more active. Sitting around all day can cause weight gain and increase fat deposits around the areas where cellulite is common. Exercising regularly can eliminate these extra fat cells, improve blood circulation, and keep the connective tissues loose.
- Eat healthy foods. Not only will this keep your body fitter and trimmer, but healthy foods can also help your skin to stay smooth, soft, and cellulite-free.
- Skip the tanning beds. Exposing your skin to harmful UV rays, in a tanning bed or on the beach, can leave your skin uneven, lumpy, thin, and wrinkled. These effects will make cellulite much more visible and prominent.
If you are seeking an effective treatment for cellulite in the Hudson Valley, Tri-State, and Manhattan areas contact the experts at Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists at (845)863-1772 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.