Brazilian Butt Lift (Brazilian Butt Lift)
The Brazilian Butt Lift is an increasingly popular procedure among individuals who want to enhance the appearance of their buttocks. Augmentation of the derriere will create a curvier figure that is firm and youthful. As the body ages the buttocks can become flattened as fat in the area migrates and skin looses the elasticity that once contributed to a voluminous contour. The Brazilian Butt Lift elevates the buttocks to a higher position using your own fat for a rounder, more lifted appearance.
Brazilian Butt Lift –The Procedure
The process to improve the shape of the hips and buttocks begins with the extraction of fat from another area of the body, typically the thighs, flanks, or abdomen. The donor site will also benefit as the extraction of fat leads to a slimmer appearance. After the fat is harvested, it is purified and injected into the buttocks with a syringe. The team of board certified experts at Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists use a specially developed technique to inject the buttocks with the most natural looking results. In total the outpatient procedure can take between 1 ½ to 4 hours, depending on the amount of fat being removed through liposuction and the patient’s goal for the size and shape of their buttocks.
After Surgery: What to Expect
The results of the Brazilian Butt Lift are long lasting when carried out by an experienced surgeon. After surgery it is likely there will be some bruising, swelling, and discomfort. Patients must avoid sitting directly on the buttocks for up to three weeks following surgery. It is advisable you put most of your weight on your thighs when you sit, and sleeping on the abdomen or your side is recommended. A special garment may be worn for 2 or more weeks to control swelling. Typically, patients may return to work around 2 weeks, and by 4 weeks post-op most patients are able to resume all normal activities, including sitting comfortably on the buttocks. Some degree of swelling may persist. The final results can be seen after several weeks and will be able to be maintained with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
- Not Ready for Surgery? Try These Non-Surgical Alternatives
- Sculptra vs. Brazilian Butt Lift
- Tailoring a Mommy Makeover to Your Needs
- What’s Trending in the World of Plastic Surgery
- Look Like a Celebrity With These Procedures
Brazilian Butt Lift is considered a very safe procedure with most risks attributed to the liposuction portion of the surgery. Complications that can arise include bleeding, blood clots, numbness, fluid buildup under the skin, and fat necrosis. There is also a rare risk of infection. The chance of complications occurring is minimized by selecting an experience surgeon and following pre- and post- operative instructions carefully.
Why Choose Dr. Rubinstein
- Dr. Rubinstein is one of the top facial plastic surgeons in New York.
- He is double board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Rubinstein has been in both private and academic practice for over 15 years.
- He is also an active member of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
- Clinical Professor at New York Presbyterian Hospital