SmartLipo Triplex is a newer liposuction technique that is provided by Dr. Samuel Beran in Hudson Valley, NY. SmartLipo uses laser energy to permanently melt and remove unwanted pockets of fat in specific areas of the body. SmartLipo is a less invasive procedure that is safer than traditional liposuction and with improved results.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Laser energy is used to liquefy the fat, and this facilitates the quick and simple removal of the melted fat with suction. In addition, the laser energy simultaneously tightens the skin. Tighter, firmer skin with less cellulite can be achieved with the SmartLipo laser technology.
SmartLipo Triplex is an excellent option for men and women who have good skin tone and are experiencing stubborn areas of fat that are seen as love handles, bat wings (upper-arm, flabby fat), muffin tops and saddle bags. SmartLipo Triplex can be used to treat many different areas, including the following:
- Chest (men)
- Upper arms
- Facial areas including chin, neck and cheeks
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Good Candidates for SmartLipo Triplex
Men and women who are in good physical and emotional health are commonly considered to be a good candidate for SmartLipo Triplex. Here are some additional Smartlipo candidate considerations that you can review and then discuss further with Dr. Samuel Beran at the time of your consultation:
- You could be a good candidate for SmartLipo Triplex if you are exercising regularly and watching what you eat but are still experiencing stubborn areas of fat on your body, such as the love handles, double chin or excess fat on the jaw line, muffin top, hanging fat on your upper arms (bat wings), saddle-bags, fat pockets on your back, or abdomen.
- Those considering SmartLipo Triplex are also often concerned about loose skin. Removing clumps of solid fat particles with traditional liposuction can leave the skin sagging when the fat that was removed is no longer supporting the skin. SmartLipo patients experience skin tightening benefits as the laser energy gently heats the fat and triggers the growth of collagen in the skin. The stimulation of collagen improves the skin as it tightens and smoothes the area.
- If you are concerned about safety, you may be a good candidate for SmartLipo. The SmartLipo Triplex procedure is completed with local anesthetic, and the risks associated with the use of general anesthesia are eliminated. SmartLipo is a safe procedure that seals the blood vessels as the fat cells are destroyed. You will experience very little blood loss and minimal bruising with SmartLipo. SmartLipo is also performed by Dr. Samuel Beran in his JCAHO accredited SmartLipo New York facility.
- You may be a good candidate for SmartLipo if you seek to reduce the cost of your beauty treatment. SmartLipo eliminates the need for general anesthesia expenses.
- You may be a good candidate for SmartLipo Triplex if you are seeking to sculpt your body, but you understand that SmartLipo can’t transform you into a supermodel. SmartLipo can help you to achieve your personal best and bring your body to a new level. Good candidates for SmartLipo have realistic expectations and will continue to eat healthy and incorporate exercise in their regular routine. Eating well and exercising after a SmartLipo treatment can help you to achieve long-lasting, great-looking results.
Your SmartLipo Consultation
Dr. Samuel Beran meets privately with each patient, obtains and reviews their current and past health record, asks about desired changes, and completes a physical examination. He listens carefully to each of the patient’s goals, requests, and aspirations. He then creates a customized SmartLipo treatment plan that includes one or more areas of the body for combined treatment.
Dr. Samuel Beran utilizes the Canfield VECTRA system with 3D imaging technology during the patient consultation to demonstrate for each candidate how the areas of their body can be benefited by SmartLipo Triplex. CoolSculpting is another option which also provides results similar to traditional liposuction without undergoing surgery. Dr. Samuel Beran shares recommendations with each patient pertaining to types of treatments that would best meet their goals.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
The SmartLipo Triplex Procedure
SmartLipo Triplex is performed by Dr. Samuel Beran in Hudson Valley, NY, as an outpatient procedure with local anesthesia. A very small tube fitted with a laser fiber is inserted through a tiny incision in the skin. When the tube is in place, the laser energy liquefies the fat cells which are then gently suctioned out.
The laser triggers the production of new collagen which tightens the skin simultaneously. Improvements are noticeable immediately after the treatment and continued improvement will occur after the recovery as the swelling subsides and the new growth of collagen occurs.
The SmartLipo Triplex recovery is typically easier and quicker than the recovery that follows traditional liposuction techniques. Less pain, discomfort, bruising and swelling is commonly experienced with SmartLipo when compared with traditional liposuction procedures.
Most SmartLipo patients are able to return to work and complete normal activities after two to four days. Patients are advised to refrain from exercise and strenuous activities for a week to 10 days. Patients must wear a compression garment to support their new body contours and to minimize potential swelling.
Every surgery typically carries some risk, but the SmartLipo Triplex is safer than traditional liposuction and patients experience fewer complications such as dimpling and sagging.
Complications can include infection, scarring, bleeding, bruising and hematoma. Potential risks can be diminished when the pre- and post-operative instructions from Dr. Samuel Beran are carefully followed.
SmartLipo Triplex Frequently Asked Questions
SmartLipo Triplex is the best technology available in NY for laser liposuction, and it is uniquely different from traditional, tumescent liposuction. Traditional liposuction involves breaking apart the fat and removing the solid particles, but the SmartLipo laser gently heats the fat cells which are then destroyed and liquefied with the intense beam of energy sent from the laser. The liquid fat is suctioned and gently removed from the area.
SmartLipo Triplex uses unique laser technology that also tightens the collagen within the skin. Traditional liposuction often removes the fat and loose skin remains, while SmartLipo removes the fat and stimulates the production of collagen in the skin. The skin and tissue surrounding the area are left largely undisturbed. SmartLipo involves minimal bruising, less blood loss and a quicker recovery when compared to traditional liposuction and it uses very small incisions.
Your stubborn fat cells will be destroyed, liquefied and removed with SmartLipo Triplex. The fat cells in the treated area will be gone forever, and adults can’t re-grow fat cells. The treated areas will not revert back to their pre-treatment appearance.
You must, however, maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly to maintain long-term results. The other fat cells in the treated area will remain susceptible to expanding with weight gain, just as the other areas in your body can.
The SmartLipo treatment will remove excess fat from beneath your skin and will provide you with firmer and smoother skin in the treated area. SmartLipo can also minimize the appearance of cellulite in the treated area.
SmartLipo Triplex completely liquefies the excess fat cells and removes them through a vacuum tube, and the laser heat causes the collagen in the area to tighten and contract. Smoother, firmer skin in the treated area reduces the appearance of cellulite. Mention your desire to reduce cellulite in that area to Dr. Samuel Beran during your initial SmartLipo consultation.
Dr. Samuel Beran will meet with you to discuss your objectives and desired outcome. He will treat your problem areas with SmartLipo Triplex, and only one treatment will be needed to obtain maximized results in those areas.
When an area is treated, the excess fat is completely destroyed and removed. Fat cells can’t reproduce or re-grow, and the area won’t need an additional treatment. You will simply need to maintain the beautiful results with regular exercise healthy eating.
Large and small, isolated areas on your body can be treated with LipoSmart Triplex. Your buttocks, hips and abdomen may be treated along with the bra strap area, chest (for men), arms or knees. Most men and women opt to have multiple areas treated for convenience in just one visit.
Many patients also seek to treat their neck and jowls with SmartLipo Triplex. Learn about Precision Tx Laser Lift – the next generation in SmartLipo!
Your consultation is the perfect time to share all your desires and cosmetic hopes with Dr. Samuel Beran. He can then create a customized plan to achieve maximum SmartLipo results.
The treatment of just one area usually takes 60 to 90 minutes. Larger and multiple areas may take two to three hours.
Dr. Samuel Beran typically recommends that each patient stays within 25 pounds of their ideal body weight using regular exercise and a healthy diet prior to and after the procedure.
Maintaining your beautiful, SmartLipo Triplex results will be easier if you have maintained a consistent, healthy lifestyle prior to the treatment. If you are not consistently exercising at this time, Dr. Samuel Beran commonly recommends that you begin to exercise now and continue, after the treatment, in order to maintain lasting results.
SmartLipo Triplex uses laser technology that provides noticeable results right away. Dr. Samuel Beran is a laser lipo expert, and he will ensure that you experience an immediate loss of fat cells in the treated areas. You can expect to see the loss of inches and a few pounds right away. There will be minor swelling following the procedure, and the full results will be enjoyed three to six months after the procedure.
Weight loss unfortunately doesn’t occur proportionately throughout the body and this is often pre-determined genetically. It isn’t uncommon to have residual fat under the chin despite weight loss. If there is good skin tone, as there is in most people under 40, traditional liposuction will suffice to remove those stubborn fatty deposits. After age 40, skin elasticity is decreased, and simply suctioning out excess fat will often create a new problem, sagging neck skin. Before Smart Lipo, the only option was liposuction with a necklift, where excess skin was removed. With Smart Lipo, a laser fiber is inserted under the skin which not only melts the fat and minimizes bleeding/bruising, but more importantly, stimulates collagen production which is progressive over 2 to 6 months post treatment. The tightening effect on the neck can be quite dramatic yet natural. For patients with very poor skin elasticity, as often seen in patients post lap band or gastric bypass surgery where 100’s of pounds have been lost, traditional neck surgery is still the best option. The same follows for patients older than 65 as their skin elasticity won’t improve sufficiently with Smart Lipo.
A second reason that the face, not the neck, can look fat post weight loss is that we can also lose good fat from key supporting areas of the face such as around the cheeks and jaw line. This loss of support can cause the skin to sag creating the appearance of heaviness in the face. This can be corrected by restoring lost volume, surgically via fat injections or cheek implants or more simply, by injecting fillers.
If you live in the state of New York, Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists offers SmartLipo among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.
- CoolSculpting vs. SmartLipo: Which Is Right for You?
- The Benefits of SmartLipo Triplex Over Traditional Liposuction
Why Choose Dr. Rubinstein
- Dr. Rubinstein is one of the top facial plastic surgeons in New York.
- He is double board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Rubinstein has been in both private and academic practice for over 15 years.
- He is also an active member of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
- Clinical Professor at New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Samuel Beran is a dual-board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in SmartLipo Triplex. If you are seeking SmartLipo, contact Dr. Samuel Beran in Hudson Valley, New York, at 845-863-1772.