Top Affordable Anti-Aging Procedures
With money being so tight these days, many otherwise good candidates for facial cosmetic surgery may consider it a solution they can no longer afford. The good news is that not all cosmetic procedures involve surgery, and not all of them will cost you an arm and a leg just to erase some wrinkles around the cheeks and eyebrows. There are many effective cosmetic procedures now available at affordable price points that are minimally or non-invasive and range anywhere from $250 to less than $1,000.
- Botox is among the most popular and widely used injectables designed to smooth out facial wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, mouth, cheeks and nose. The results are excellent and they depend largely on the skill and training of the plastic surgeon. As injectable fillers go, a Botox treatment session averages around $500 or less. In fact, according to the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), the average cost of 20 units of Botox in 2012 was $300.
- The Chemical Peel procedure is designed to remove the outer layer of skin and reveal healthier, more youthful skin hiding below the surface. An acid-based solution is used to peel away the epidermal layer of the skin to get rid of those fine lines and wrinkles. It also works to resolve skin issues related to sun damage as well as superficial acne scars. It’s also affordable, with an average cost of $398 in 2012 as cited by the AAFPRS.
- Microdermabrasion is a highly affordable treatment option using an exfoliation technique to fade away wrinkles and other facial blemishes and make the skin more youthful looking. This procedure costs around $124, according to the 2012 AAFPRS statistics.
- Another technique similar to Laser Therapy is Intense Pulsed Light, or IPL Therapy. It’s used to remove defects in the skin that appear in the form of stretch marks, wrinkles, age spots, and sun damage. Unlike Laser Therapy, IPL shoots pulsed beams of broad spectrum light to get rid of these skin blemishes and helps resolve other skin issues such as rosacea and broken blood vessels in the face. Usually, only one session is needed and costs an average of $300 to $500.
- Like Botox, the hyaluronic acid Restylane and other products like Juvederm, Perlane, and Radiesse are injectable fillers used to get rid of wrinkles and plump up the lips and cheeks. The average cost of hyaluronic acid injections, according to 2012 AAFPRS statistics, is $597. Another affordable treatment option is Tretinoin, a topical cream with strong anti-aging ingredients which accelerate cell rejuvenation and collagen production under the skin.
So, what’s in your wallet? With these and other remarkable cosmetic procedures now widely available to consumers, it won’t matter as much, even when dollars are scarce.