When Cellulaze was first introduced just a few years ago, it revolutionized the way men and women could correct the effects of cellulite on the body. Previous to Cellulaze, patients with cellulite on their legs, buttocks, and hips could only turn to expensive creams and topical treatments with limited results. Cellulaze works by correcting the problems within the deep tissue layers so that the skin will smooth itself gradually again. While this treatment is an incredibly effective way to reverse cellulite, it’s important to remember that it can’t prevent the future development of cellulite. Extending the life of your Cellulaze results will be all up to you.
What Is Cellulite?
Before you can understand how to fight off cellulite after your Cellulaze treatment, it can be helpful to understand how and why it forms. Cellulite is largely caused by structural problems within the skin. The connective tissue that bands your skin and fat cells together can sometimes become tight and inflexible, resulting in the dents seen in skin with cellulite. Enlarged pockets of fat in these areas become trapped by these rigid, unmoving bands and push against the skin, resulting in the lumps and divots as well. Patients who also have thin skin over these areas will see the most drastic effects of cellulite, leaving the thighs and buttocks dimpled and looking like cottage cheese.
Sometimes, other factors can contribute to the formation and severity of cellulite. Your age, heredity, and gender can help to predetermine if cellulite will be a problem for your skin. Changes in your hormones and weight gain can also effect the architecture of your skin. Some of these factors may lie beyond your control, but preventing the reoccurrence of cellulite after your Cellulaze treatment can be managed by focusing your efforts on the right factors.
How Does Cellulaze Work?
Cellulaze is a laser-based treatment that can be focused on specific areas of the body to work deep within the skin and solve the problems that cause cellulite. It is both FDA approved and scientifically proven to reduce the appearance and effects of cellulite. Using tiny incisions along the treatment area, your plastic surgeon will insert the SmartLipo laser and special side-firing Cellulaze laser tip into this area. The laser energy is used to cut the rigid bands of collagen that pull down the skin and trap the pockets of fat that create lumps and dimples in the skin. While it works to do this, the laser will also melt away some of these unwanted fat cells while smoothing and tightening the skin’s appearance.
When you consult with Dr. Rubinstein about your Cellulaze treatment, he will use the VECTRA 3D Imaging system to create a visual representation of your expected results, using a 3D photograph of you. He will then make the changes necessary to the image and display an approximate result for you to see for yourself. This can help you to get a clearer idea of your expected results from the Cellulaze procedure and decide if this treatment is the right choice for you.
How Long Do Cellulaze Results Last?
The Cellulaze treatment is quick, effective, and requires very little recovery time. After your Cellulaze treatment, you should expect to see your results emerging gradually for a few weeks. Typical results include an improvement in the skin’s overall texture and thickness, with fewer bumps and depressions visible. Be patient as your results become evident, a process that can last three to 12 months. Cellulaze patients can achieve full results with just one treatment.
Cellulaze results have been shown to last for around one year or longer for most patients, according to several clinical studies conducted since the procedure was first introduced. By caring for yourself and adjusting your lifestyle habits, you can enjoy your results for at least a year, if not much longer.
How Can I Extend the Life of My Cellulaze Results?
Preventing cellulite, whether you’re a previous Cellulaze patient or not, starts with your healthy daily habits. While you can’t change your genetics or your age, many of the factors that contribute to the formation of cellulite can be controlled through proper diet, regular exercise, and healthy lifestyle choices.
To extend your Cellulaze your results, you need to start at the beginning and make changes to your routine that can help you avoid cellulite. Follow these tips to minimize or prevent completely the effects of cellulite on your own body:
- Drink plenty of water. Simply by hydrating your body with six to eight glasses of water each day you can avoid cellulite formation. In many women in particular, cellulite can be increased by the presence of toxins in the body, something that proper hydration can reverse.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking not only introduces toxins directly into the body, but it damages the skin cells to appear thinner and the collagen bands to be damaged.
- Improve circulation. Proper circulation of blood through the body can reduce the appearance and prevent the formation of cellulite. Take time to treat yourself to a massage, stretch your body, take daily walks, and regularly exfoliate your skin.
- Be more active. Sitting around all day can cause weight gain and increase fat deposits around the areas where cellulite is common. Exercising regularly can eliminate these extra fat cells, improve blood circulation, and keep the connective tissues loose.
- Eat healthy foods. Not only will this keep your body fitter and trimmer, but healthy foods can also help your skin to stay smooth, soft, and cellulite-free.
- Skip the tanning beds. Exposing your skin to harmful UV rays, in a tanning bed or on the beach, can leave your skin uneven, lumpy, thin, and wrinkled. These effects will make cellulite much more visible and prominent.
Schedule Your Cellulaze Consultation Today
Contact Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists, where Dr. Ran Rubinstein can help you to achieve the surgical results you desire.
To contact Dr. Rubinstein, please call 845-863-1772. Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists is located at 200 Stony Brook Court #2 in Newburgh, New York.