Sticking to New Year’s resolutions, like working out starting January 1, is a great way to get ready for the beach when summertime arrives, but it’s not the perfect plan. While diet and exercise can do a great deal to remove excess fat from various places around the body, the skin left behind might not look as great as you hoped. Pockets of cellulite may be staring you in the face when it’s time to check out the back view of your newly toned thighs and buttocks. On the beach, that’s going to be hard to hide. Let Cellulaze make the difference you really need to see before slipping into your new bathing suit.
Why Do I Have Cellulite, Anyway?
When cellulite is present, the skin of that area appears dimpled or lumpy, much like cottage cheese. The most common spots for cellulite to develop are the buttocks and thighs, exactly the wrong place if you’re hoping to look dazzling in any size or shape swimsuit. Contrary to popular belief, cellulite is not a surface problem of the skin. It extends much deeper into the skin’s actual structure, the result of damage at the cellular level. That’s why topical creams, injections, expensive massage sessions, and many other treatments cannot effectively remove cellulite from the body, especially not like Cellulaze can.
So why is cellulite plaguing your body? Cellulite is not a condition restricted to overweight women. It can occur regardless of your body shape or size, sometimes even occurring in thin, fit women. Cellulite does tend to frustrate women far more than men, with at least 80 percent of women experiencing some form of cellulite somewhere on their bodies. If you’re trying to figure out what caused your cellulite so you can fight it, consider these potential causes:
- Hormonal changes can increase the development of cellulite. It is believed that estrogen, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and even prolactin may all play a role in its formation.
- Your genetics can set you up for cellulite trouble. Your genes predispose you for or against the formation of cellulite.
- Your daily diet can enhance cellulite on the body. While a proper diet won’t do anything to reverse cellulite that has already formed, you can stop it from continuing to spread by changing what you eat. Diets high in fat, carbohydrates, and salt, as well as too low in fiber, can help cellulite to form.
- Your lifestyle choices may have a bigger impact on cellulite than you think. Smoking, living a sedentary lifestyle, and sitting or standing in the same position regularly for too long are all lifestyle factors that can increase your cellulite production.
- The clothes you wear might be hurting your buttocks. Trade your tight elastic waistbands for something that fits a little looser to prevent more cellulite from forming in this area.
What Will Cellulaze Do To Help?
Now that you understand what cellulite is and how it found its way to your backside, it’s time to discuss your Cellulaze options for removal. Cellulaze uses the SmartLipo laser, equipped with a special side-firing laser tip to specifically target cellulite. Incisions are made near the treatment area and the laser is then inserted. The Cellulaze laser energy then cuts the collagen bands that have been pulling down the skin to create the dimpled appearance of cellulite. The depressed areas are relieved by this simple action, lifting back up to be more even with the surrounding tissue. Finally, the laser then melts excess fat before smoothing and tightening the skin. Say goodbye to that cottage cheese look, once and for all! The entire procedure lasts about one hour and will be performed under local anesthesia
After the Procedure, When Will I Be Ready for the Beach?
After a Cellulaze procedure, there is no major downtime required at all. Because there are no major side effects associated with Cellulaze, most patients are able to return to work after just one day. The results of your treatment will emerge for a few weeks afterwards, improving the overall texture and thickness of your skin and minimizing the bumps and depressions present. If you’re clamoring to hit the beach, schedule your Cellulaze treatment a few weeks in advance to allow healing and adjustment to your new results.
How Can I Plan My Cellulaze Treatment?
For the best way to treat your cellulite and other body-contouring issues, contact Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists. Here, Dr. Ran Rubinstein can help you to achieve your best results. With VECTRA 3D Imaging, your consultation will give you an accurate look at the projected results of your procedure.
Renowned facial plastic surgeon Dr. Ran Rubinstein at Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists of Newburgh, New York. Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists is the only specialty plastic surgery practice in the Hudson Valley area with an on-site joint commission certified surgical suite. To contact Dr. Rubinstein, please call 845-863-1772. Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Specialists is located at 200 Stony Brook Court #2 in Newburgh, New York.